Saturday on the square
TR Warszawa, Museum of Modern Art and Plac Defilad group invite you to visit “Saturday on the square” event – a presentation of the design of the new facilities of TR Warszawa and Museum of Modern Art prepared by the architecture firm Thomas Phifer and Partners.
“Saturday on the square” is an event that aims to present to the people of Warsaw one of the biggest cultural investments of the city – the design of the new facilities of TR Warszawa and Museum of Modern Art, prepared by the architecture firm Thomas Phifer and Partners. The event will outline the functions that both buildings will fulfil on the biggest square in Warsaw and in the in the cultural landscape of the city.
On the future construction site, ground floor plans of both venues will be drafted, showing the layout of the facilities and their functions. The visitors will be able to see where the entrance will be located, the museum’s lobby and the theatre’s foyer, theatre and exhibition halls, cafes, bookshops, etc.
To book a guided tour please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. To book a place for children’s workshop, please fill a form on the events’ websites.
- presentation of illustrations and floor plans of both buildings
- walk around the future venues with actors from the TR Warszawa team and the staff of MMA
- family architecture workshop
- live chain of Warsaw residents around the shape of the future venues of TR Warszawa and MMA followed by an aerial photograph. The participants will receive as a keepsake free tickets for shows and exhibitions in the new buildings
- debate about the design of the theatre and the museum and the role of the new Defilad Square in the social and cultural life of the city, participants: architects, town hall representatives, TR Warszawa, Museum, Plac Defilad group, experts and theorists in urban spaces and architecture, residents and journalists
13.00 - 16.00 - visit and workshop
16.30 - group photo on the floor plan of new venues
17.00 - debate
Workshops and animation led by educators from TR and MMA in collaboration with Spotlight Kids, participants of the Archipelag Pokoleń project (Archipelago of Generations), Association of Creative Initiatives “ę” and Warszawiacy Międzypokoleniowo group (Intergenerational Warsaw).